I love Peter's experience of walking on the roaring sea with Jesus. But the thing is, Peter's story is often misunderstood. Do you have a step you need to take?
Listen to this message I gave at a women's retreat to gain the fresh perspective you need to see Jesus in a new way! My FREE gift to you!
A very wise friend told me a long time ago that if we get caught trying too hard to fix our own problem we should give-up and remember how God carried us through before.
Funny, so many times I fall into the trap of wanting to solve my own problems. I do not like asking for help, period. I find joy helping others and consistently remind everyone that I’m only a phone call away…yet, why is it so hard for me to simply stop and realize this works the other way too?
I’ve been a part of an AMAZING Online Bible Study sponsored by Proverbs 31 ministries (check out the blog for more info – www.melissataylor.com). The current study is on week 10. Each week there are various readings and fun assignments allowing opportunities to connect with other women and readers. Each week we are invited to post an answer to one of the weekly questions. Each week I see this assignment called, “#Blessed” and I go…”Well yea, I know I’m blessed…I’ll choose another topic” and off I go.
well, this has been a hard week for me for so many reasons…reasons so not worth going into on here. BUT let me ask you…have you ever had one of those weeks where you stay SO focused on fixing your problem that you tend to block everything else out? I’ve been trying to pack up the house. Trying to spend time with the boys. Trying to focus on where God may be leading me for the next ministry opportunity. trying to stay paced and focused….yea, sometimes that just doesn’t always happen. Sometimes I feel like I’m trying SO hard I forget God is even there.
I don’t think I’m alone…just saying’
So, this week, I choose to simply stop, in the mist of my chaos and simply admit how stinking BLESSED I am through the amazing gifts God has given me…
– I have a great husband who loves me
– I have three AMAZING boys that love me too…and enjoy taking pictures!
– I have a house…and even though we are moving out, we found a buyer AND we do have a temporary place to live 🙂
– I’m still cancer-free (once you’ve been down that road, you realize how just bold and faith-filled that statement becomes)
– I fully realize and am encouraged about my passion for ministry. I know how God has wired me and can’t wait to see what’s next!
– God has brought some VERY amazing, close friends into my life that I can boldly say I never knew I needed. FUnny how God has you in the right place at the right time.
– We have 2 working vehicles…enough said.
– We still have money in the bank…God truly provides!
– Matthew gets hearing-aids next week…I’m SO excited!!!
– We have so much “stuff” to pack, we need to sell some of it…I found this a blessing in disguise)
I really could go on here but time is keeping it short. I’m learning why they came up with this #blessed list. It really helps me focus on what is important and…well…like I always say friends…
God ain’t done yet!
Stay focused this week…
Hello and welcome to Step Out And Thrive Ministries! My name is Bethany Boring and I am proud to be called a child of God before any other title or role. I am a wife to Steve and a mom to 3 amazing boys. I enjoy writing for this Step Out And Thrive community and walking with you as we venture through the ups and downs of life together. I am an ICF trained Certified Professional Christian Life Coach (Christian Coach Institute Graduate), Motivational and Inspirational Speaker, mentor, Certified Human Behavioral Consultant (DISC Personality) and an author. As always - dare to do more than just survive, step out and thrive!